03 October 2010

Frankincense: not just a gift for Jesus

I love how frankincense seems to clean the air.
We burn it frequently around here and I find myself craving the scent.


Coming from the Boswellia tree, Frankincense comes in many grades.  The highest quality to most Omanis is silver but most westerners feel that hojari smells better. This probably has something to do with the climate in which it is burnt.

We brought a lot of frankincense back to the USA to give to friends and family and I think the majority enjoyed it. Imagine me dividing it up from a large bag into many little baggies. It looks a bit dodgy.
A lot of people said it reminded them of church.  And for those that don't like incense anyway, this was probably way too strong for their liking.

2 comments:

  1. It is strong, but I love it! Smells so cleansing and earthy to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, looove the wallpaper on this blog...it's Groooovy ;)

    ReplyDelete